Special Project:shelter For Homeless People
This special project is related to the 100 years Birthday Celebration of the National Father to contribute and construct suitable houses for 50 poor and homeless families who have been living in Jessore slum area and Jessore sader upazila. Under this project DHARA started works:
- Beneficiaries Selection: DHARA discussed the project with District Administration, upazila Administration and Municipality authority including with all SIC, SDF and CDF leaders. After that, DHARA conducted a base line survey, house to house contact, FGD (Focus group discussion) to select the beneficiaries. All the stakeholders involved with the selection process and finalized the beneficiaries.
- Land preparation: After selecting the final beneficiaries of the project, the land preparation started with the help of SIC leaders and the beneficiaries to ready the land where the new housing is made to continuing the construction activities.
- Materials Distribution: At present, all the beneficiaries of this project received the construction materials like, sand, bricks, brick chips, cement, rod, angle, Tin etc.
- Start of construction works: Under this project, step by step completed the land preparations and materials distribution, then the construction works of the project started. The construction works continue to follow the design of the project.
- Attend SIC, CDF, SDF meetings: DHARA developed a wide network in these areas since 2007 to now. So, under this project, DHARA staffs attended every meeting to know the activities lead by SIC, SDF and CDF and also shared their knowledge and responsibilities about the betterment of the project.
- Supervision & monitoring: Under this project, supervision and monitoring system is the continuing process from the beginning to after the end of the project and the staff of the project always supervises and monitores the project activities.